Via the wonders of technology, family and friends plus people I do not know are journeying with me. I appreciate your companionship on Facebook, Instagram, this blog, Face Time, email, and text message. Starting from a few days before I left home and continuing through today, here is a video of one place I visited each day. I am happy I can share this adventure.
1SE video starting August 4 highlighting places.
100 day updates:
- Living is riding a moto, especially because I was scared to try this mode of transport
- I plan less now, including arriving at hostels without a reservation and booking plane tickets less than one week in advance
- I am better at being in the moment and no longer feel there is “something else” I need to do or “somewhere else” I need to be
- I talk with new people, walk new routes, try new foods, journey on new modes of transit and sleep in new places
- I visited the Great Wall and Angkor Wat, two amazing feats of human engineering from great civilizations
- I spent time in different environments including big cities, small villages, rural farming communities and jungle
- I know more about wars in Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos
- I read a lot of Lonely Planet and Rough Guide plus I enjoyed three non-travel books – ‘Thrive‘, ‘Chaos Monkeys‘ and ‘Liar’s Poker‘
- I learned to tuck in a mosquito net, squat the Asian way, speak basic words in three languages, use chopsticks and I have picked up a few other skills
Every day I get to have fun and enjoy adventures big and small. I am still in awe of my nomadic, backpacking life and I have not tired of being on the road. I am looking forward to more great months of travel plus seeing visitors from home in India, Thailand and South America.